The February 2016 meeting of the KY-LMSC called for major updates to the organization’s website. Since then, KYLMSC.org has seen a total re-haul using SquareSpace, an online content management system.
Highlights of the new website include a clean, easily navigable homepage featuring a sharp new logo, much-needed updates to the About, History, and Officers pages, a robust calendar of events, an interactive “Places to Swim” map, user-submitted articles, photo and video galleries, archives, and much more.
New life was also breathed into the LMSC newsletter, Kentucky Waves, which went unpublished for over a decade. With a fresh new look, stunning photography and reader-submitted content, Kentucky Waves is once again the go-to quarterly publication for Kentucky Masters news, upcoming events, meet results, and more.
Thanks to a flurry of activity and daily updates from USMS Summer Nationals in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the Kentucky Masters Facebook and Twitter accounts saw considerable increases in numbers of likes and followers.
Special thanks to the following people:
- Duck Enander, of Lakeside Masters, for creating the fabulous new KYLMSC logo, as seen on the masthead of this newsletter. In addition to helping reinvigorate the Kentucky Masters Swimming brand, Duck was also instrumental in advising on the website redesign and production and design of the newsletter.
- Meg Smath, of Wildcat Masters, who helped with the transition of content from the old site to the new one as well contributing to and editing the newsletter.
- Mary Graves, of Lakeside Masters, who provided valuable historical information and documents on Kentucky Masters Swimming as well as regular support through the redesign of the website and production of the newsletter.
- Tricia Baldwin, of Lakeside Masters, for her unwavering willingness to offer a hand in any way she can, be it copy editing and proofreading, researching records, testing website links, and never forgetting to remind William of any and every USMS-sanctioned event in the tri-state area!
- The 2017 SKY National Team, who all assisted in tracking down results and state records throughout the meet, greatly helping William keep our social media audience at home well-informed with daily updates from Minneapolis.
Stay tuned for more updates from the
KY-LMSC as it moves forward with plans to open a store with SwimOutlet.com, where swimmers may purchase customizable swim apparel featuring the SKY or KY-LMSC logos.